BaA (or smoked or ) is such a great dish to make, and there are many creative ways to prepare it.
But I think one of my favorite ways to cook is this for -wrapped glazed with and honey. The honey really brings this dish home.
Oh, and the , too. is always good.
I love the smell of a smoked baking in the oven. The smell of this roasting just fills the house.
This with honey glaze is so juicy and tender that it’s out of this world. This is as good as anything you would find on . don’t lie!
You can make this on a special occasion, such as a holiday or a weekend.
Is This Hard to Make?
wrapped pork is always my go-to food when I want to make something special that’s also simple to make. We all get occasionally strapped for time. You just basically season it, then throw it in the oven.
But this time, it’s -wrapped.
And the honey that is brushed over the and is absolutely delicious.
And the . Did I mention ? OK, I’m sorry. I’m just crazy about .
Oh, that honey is good. It just needs to be mixed, and it’s good for glazing that beautiful wrapped .
If you’re new to a cooking , you’re in for a surprise. This is super easy to make, and it looks impressive when setting the prepared dish on the table.
I usually make gravy to go with , but not with the -wrapped . So, it’s even easier to make:)
And while wrapping the in might sound complicated, it’s not.
What Goes with Smoked Wrapped in ?
Are you looking for side dishes for this ? Just about everything goes well with .
Here are some other great side dishes for smoked or any other :
- Creamy mashed
- Corn maque choux
- Southern-style green beans
- Brussels sprouts
- Green salad or Caesar salad
- Steamed cauliflower
- Dinner rolls
- Homemade applesauce
- Any other
How about some more ? OK, it was worth a shot. Geez.
If you have leftovers, wrap them in or a sealed container and refrigerate them or freeze them.
Ingredients for Wrapped Roast
You’ll need a . I got a 1/2 pound . It’s for two people, but we love leftovers.
Other ingredients include:
- (or )
- Extra virgin
- Sea or kosher
That’s it. Not bad, eh? And that’s for the and the honey glaze.
What kind of ? should I use for this
Don’t get a thick cut of for the . That won’t cook enough, and if the is too thin, it could burn.
So, go with medium-sliced . Use the kind of that has streaks and that will end up long enough to wrap the with.
And to prevent burning, loosely cover the while it’s cooking.
Oh yeah! I love that . Now we just need to wrap the in this , and I’m on cloud nine.
Alternate Ingredients You Can Try in Your Roast
You can get creative with your with these ingredients.
- . cooking . The caramelizes the roast and it makes the so delectable. If you use , you don’t need the honey. is great for
- . You can use this instead of the honey or .
- . If you don’t have , that’s OK. Simply substitute .
- White . If you prefer white , that’s fine.
- . Want a Southwest flavor? Go for some .
- . For an extra tang.
- . Any type of good . will work well with
Weight Watchers Pork Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon Recipe
Can you have smoked when you’re following a Weight Watchers diet? Absolutely!
First of all, the new Personal Points WW plan allows you to eat whatever you want as long as you count the points. But also, in terms of is surprisingly low in Personal Points and ., smoked
Three ounces of cooked has just 2 Personal Points. Here is how the rest of this breaks down.
- 1.5 pound roast
- Honey: 5 Personal Points per teaspoon (15 PP for this )
- : 0 Personal Points
- ): 4 Personal Points per 2 (13 PP for this
This all adds up to just 10 points per serving, and that’s not bad for a luxurious dinner entree.
Substitutions for WW Pork Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon
If you make some adjustments, such as using less honey (maybe or ) and substituting turkey or , you can save even more points.
You can also try to make this method. The is great for so many different ideas.
Will this work in the Instant Pot or slow cooker? Not really because you want your to be nice and crispy.
This as written is naturally .
Serves: 4 generously
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total: 50 minutes
Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of
- 1.5 pounds of
- 1 teaspoon of and
- I teaspoon of rosemary
Instructions for Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. In a small bowl, mix the and the honey together. Reserve half.
3. Rinse the , then pat it dry with a . and the . Then sprinkle it with rosemary.
4. Sear the roast on all sides in the on a cutting board. Let it cool for a few minutes. in a hot skillet or pan on .
5. Line up the strips on a cutting board (see pic above) and make sure they are slightly overlapping. It should all come together as it cooks.
6. Spray a with spray.
7. Set the wrapped in in the , then brush with a liberal coat of the dijon and honey mixture over the .
8. Loosely cover the pan with aluminum foil.
9. Place the registers an of 145 degrees. To reach this will take about 40 minutes. in the oven until a
10. If the in the broiler for a few minutes until the is more crispy. It’s happened to me more than once. isn’t slightly crispy (it should be), don’t worry. Just place the cooked
11. Brush another coat of the honey dijon again. over the
12. Slice it, add more if you wish, and enjoy!
To learn how to make bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, check out this excellent video.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Roast Recipe Card
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Recipe with Dijon Honey Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix the dijon mustard and the honey together. Reserve half.
- Rinse the pork tenderloin, then pat it dry. Salt and pepper the pork. Then sprinkle it with rosemary.
- Sear the roast on all sides in an oiled hot skillet or pan. Set on a cutting board. Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Line up the bacon strips on a cutting board and make sure they are slightly overlapping. It should all come together as it cooks.
- Spray a pan with olive oil spray.
- Set the pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon in the pan, then brush with a liberal coat of the dijon and honey mixture over the bacon.
- Loosely cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Place the pork in the oven until it hits an internal temperature of 145 degrees. That will take about 40 minutes.
- If the bacon isn't slightly crispy (it should be), don't worry. Just place the cooked pork tenderloin in the broiler for a few minutes until the bacon is more crispy.
- Brush another coat of the honey dijon sauce over the pork tenderloin again.
- Slice it and enjoy!
This recipe may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small amount of money from qualifying purchases.