aren’t just for holidays and family gatherings. You can whip up a any day of the year. And as a bonus, eggs are nutritious and filling.
Like many foods, have quite a history, going back to ancient Rome. Wealthy Romans enjoyed this , and now, most people appreciate the popular dish.
Aren’t Classic A Boring Dish?
No, just no. Are you kidding me? , , and are super delicious, and they’re exciting. And my is never boring.
As one of the , you can make look fancy or just make a simple but delicious . Can you even stand how cute these guys are?
For example, you can add crabmeat to the or small shrimp to the . It’s a very versatile dish. make a perfect appetizer or as an hors d’oeuvre for a small party or served with dinner.
You can also crumble up some bacon to top them off. That works if you added shrimp or crabmeat, too. Bacon is everything, and it will make even more irresistible.
Air Fryer Boiled Eggs and Instant Pot Boiled Eggs
A lot of people think you can’t do much with eggs. Pshaw, I say! Who doesn’t like an eggs benedict ? Hello? See, eggs are good. I told you so.
And then we have Melba’s . And don’t turn your nose down at scrambled eggs. You can cut up spinach, add it to the scrambled eggs, and throw on some cheddar cheese; then, you’re in for a treat.
Have you ever had Scotch eggs? We’ll post a for that dish another time. But they are delicious.
Did you know that you can air fry ? You wouldn’t think so, but you can.
Another tip for making this super easy is to make your in an cooker (we love this one on Amazon) or the .
. cooking is so easy and the eggshell comes off really cleanly. If you’ve not fallen in love with cooking, maybe it’s time to buy an so you can cook your own
Why Is This The Best ?
Oh, I’m glad you asked that question. Well, you didn’t really ask it. I did. Neverrrrr mind.
So, this is the best for because you can do so many things with it, like, as I mentioned earlier, you can add small shrimp to it, or crabmeat, and/or bacon. You can also throw ranch dressing in the for added zing. That makes several recipes in one, so there:)
I like to make and make many of them to keep in the fridge to munch on all week.
But I have no problem eating them before they go bad. I make meals for two around here unless we have guests. So, I’ll usually make dishes for 4 people so that we have leftovers for lunch the next day, or if it’s chicken, we can have the leftovers for taco night.
Ingredients and Variations
Can you add some variety to your ? Absolutely.
Most deviled recipes call for , but if you want to lighten up your , you can use , , or a combination of and with the .
We see a lot of ideas that are made with . gives the same effect that the does in our . is made largely of , so the acidic flavor comes through with the same as it does with or any type of . can serve the same purpose.
Our calls for , but you can use plain if that’s all you have in the house.
What About Variations for Deviled Eggs?
For spices, seasoning, and fresh herbs in this (or sweet ), , cayenne , red flakes, , dried , , and dill pickle ., you can experiment with , the beloved
You can get super creative with your deviled eggs.
How Many Should You Make?
Food doesn’t get wasted in my home. I’ll make about 18 of them for . And we love leftovers! Who doesn’t need a night off from cooking now and then, even if you love to throw together a main dish meal? – or nine eggs and
For a family of four, I’d make two per person, or 4 each , which would be 16 – or 8 eggs. You might even have leftovers. It depends on the meal you’re serving. Hey, if you’re just making a for yourself, you can make two , making it 4 .
To make this easier, you can always use a into the white halves. to pipe the
Can You Freeze Deviled Eggs?
Deviled eggs aren’t really great for freezing. You can freeze the egg yolk , but not the itself.
For one, an only contains 75 calories, and they are filling. An has 5 grams of fat and 1.6 grams of . So far, so good. But there’s more. An contains iron, vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids. To top all of that off, the is a force for disease-fighting nutrients such as zeaxanthin and lutein.
Weight Watchers Deviled Eggs
If you’re following the Weight Watchers diet (formerly WW), deviled eggs may be an extra special treat for you!
If you’ve opted to have eggs as a zero points food, this deviled egg recipe will be right up your alley. Substitute the mayo for a light mayo.
Do you have avocado set as one of your zero point foods? We love the idea of making Weight Watchers deviled eggs with avocado instead of mayo.
How to Make , Step By Step
Easy peasy, that’s how.
1. Boil eggs for 12 to 14 minutes, then put them in a bowl of with ice, so they’ll stop cooking.
2. Gather ingredients for the : Mayonaisse, , , Cajun seasoning (I use Slap Ya Mama), and to taste, and to garnish.
3. Peel your eggs under cold running , then cut them in half.
4. Take out the yolks, then throw the yolks in with the other ingredients mentioned above. Smash them all together until it blends smoothly.
5. Fill the eggs with the and garnish with the .
6. If you’re adding small shrimp or crabmeat, you can put that on top of the filled eggs.
Note: You can take the and put it in the corner of the inside of a plastic freezer bag. Pierce the corner, then you can squeeze the into the eggs. It looks more presentable. They don’t have to look fancy pantsy, though. It’s up to you. And you don’t have to use the Cajun seasoning. I like it, but not everyone does. I can’t help myself; I’m from New Orleans.
Let’s get the ingredients together.
Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 14 Total: 24 minutes
- 8 Eggs
- 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon (or ) (or )
- 1 teaspoon of
- Sea to taste
- to taste
- Garnish with
Let’s do this:
- Boil the eggs for 14 minutes. When done, transfer to a bowl with to stop it from cooking any further. Peel the eggs under cold running , then cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks using a small spoon. Put the yolks in a small bowl and the on a serving platter. Take a fork and mash the yolks in the bowl.
- Add , and and to the crumbled yolks. Mix well., ,
- You can use a plastic freezer bag, as mentioned above, to fill the , puncture the tip of the corner slightly, then squeeze the through it into the . with the , or you can use a teaspoon to fill them up. If using a bag, fill a corner of it with the
- Garnish with the ; then you’re good to go.
Note: As previously mentioned, you can add small shrimp and/or add crabmeat to the eggs, too. It’s a perfect dish for guests.
The Best Deviled Eggs
- Boil the eggs for 14 minutes. When done, transfer to a bowl with ice water to stop it from cooking any further. Peel the eggs under cold running water, then cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks using a small spoon. Put the yolks in a small bowl and the egg whites on a serving platter. Take a fork and mash the yolks in the bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper to the crumbled yolks. Mix well.
- You can use a plastic freezer bag, as mentioned above, to fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture, or you can use a teaspoon to fill them up. If using a bag, fill a corner of it with the egg yolk mixture, puncture the tip of the corner slightly, then squeeze the mixture through it into the egg whites.
- Garnish with the paprika; then you’re good to go.
- Let’s eat!
This may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small amount of money from qualifying purchases.